Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 7 2nd lunch and major failure

Yes, I had 2 lunches today. Burning over 1,200 calories can have that effect.

So we are at El Torito today with my Mom. Everyone goes with the buffet but I order off the menu so I can have my dish prepared the unprocessed way. I take the time to ask the waiter how the spinach and vegetable enchiladas are prepared. First of all I was shocked to find out they use butter to saute the ingredients. So I ask if the chef could saute the veggies in water not butter or oil. Not a problem he says. Feeling good about this restaurant visit! I'm even proud of myself for asking if the chips are fried or baked and staying away from them because they are obviously fried. The food comes. It looks good. I dig in and everything seems right and delicious. 3/4 of the way into my enchiladas and I realize there is a small amount of cheese inside!! I couldn't believe after all that prep to make sure there was no oil that that I forgot to make sure there was no cheese. Damn! I really felt bad.

Here is my dish way before I realized my mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment