Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 2 Dinner

It was a nice treat to be home early. I had time to cook spaghetti marinara. Now this was a dish I've been looking forward to making. I wasn't working with a recipe, just scavenging anything I could find in the fridge that was plant based. In hind sight, I should have looked for a recipe. It came out a bit bland and for a while I thought I ruined it when I blended a bunch of spinach with the tomatoes. This dish made me miss salt a lot. Using Benson's Table Tasty helped at the table though. Plus the wife had suggestions on how I could have sauted all the veggies in white wine first.

I won't give up in you spaghetti marinara! I should mention the spaghetti was a whole wheat variety from Trader Joes.

I'm stuffed. Got to work on not doing that too much.





No comments:

Post a Comment