Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 23 Breakfast

Happy Valentine's Day! Today I tried something new for Breakfast. From the advice and recipe from my Dad, I cooked a bowl of wheat berries, garnished with cinnamon and a spoon full of date paste. It was good but I had to get use to some of the clumps in the bowl. The texture would have been easier to get used to without the many clumps. That may have been the result of a weak blender.

Also, I made my own protein bars last night. I found a recipe on youtube I purchased a plant based protein powder which obviously is processed but its all natural plant based ingredients so I made an exception. I felt I needed to make sure I was getting enough protein.  The ingredients include oat meal, slivered almonds, unsalted almond butter, dried cranberries, raw unpasteurized honey, vanilla extract and 65% cocoa chips. 

See pictures below of my protein bars and wheat berry breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment